Today, ASTM International’s Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence (AM CoE) published its fourth annual report, highlighting the organization’s growing research to standards portfolio, industry partnerships, acquisitions, workforce development programs, team expansion and more.
The annual report, available here, features a robust list of major accomplishments – including the acquisition of global intelligence leader Wohlers Associates – and updates on activities and projects in the following areas:
- research and development;
- education and workforce development;
- standardization and certification; and
- European Union consortium.
“The core objective of the AM CoE is to pave the way for the AM technologies to be more broadly available by accelerating standardization through strategic R&D, certification programs, key global partnerships, education initiatives, advisory services, and innovation,” notes Mohsen Seifi, Ph.D., ASTM International’s vice president of global advanced manufacturing programs. “This report captures the many accomplishments of the AM CoE and the holistic approach to meeting this key objective.”
Specific accomplishments highlighted in the report include:
- 12 new, fully funded R&D projects that directly fill standardization gaps;
- launch of the Consortium on Materials and Data Standardization (CMDS);
- the new operator certification program;
- the AM CoE’s leadership in three America Makes projects with a combined total effort of more than $1 million; and
- a successful ASTM International Conference on Additive Manufacturing (ICAM 2021) that included more than 850 attendees representing over 35 countries, and 475-plus technical talks.
The AM CoE annual report also features an overview of Wohlers Associates activities, updates on communications, funding, and key events, and an overview of the center’s leadership team.
In tandem with the annual report, the AM CoE also launched a new, more interactive website to serve as a hub for their activities. Here, visitors can more easily learn about the AM CoE’s research and development activities, available products and services, key industry partnerships, upcoming programs, webinars, and events, education opportunities, and much more. Visit www.amcoe.org to learn more.
About the AM CoE
Formed in 2018, the Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence (AM CoE) is a collaborative partnership among ASTM International, Auburn University, EWI, NAMIC, NASA, NIAR, and the MTC representing industry, government, and academia, that conduct strategic R&D to advance standards across all aspects of AM technologies. The center aims to accelerate the development and adoption of additive manufacturing by supporting standardization, developing training, certification programs, providing market intelligence, business strategy, and advisory services via Wohlers Associates, powered by ASTM International.
AM COE Media Contact: Tessa Sulkes, tel +1.610.832.9677; email@example.com