A growing number of ASTM International’s Technical Committees are involved in additive manufacturing. For a summary overview of ASTM International’s footprint in AM, visit ASTM.org
We need to be sure that whatever is going to be produced is going to be consistent, safe, and of high quality. We need to be able to formalize the rules and the ways that we make things with additive manufacturing and that’s why standards are so critical.
— RALPH RESNICK, FOUNDING DIRECTOR OF AMERICA MAKES, AND PRESIDENT AND CEO, NATIONAL CENTER FOR DEFENSE MANUFACTURING AND MACHINING
- A01 Steel, Stainless Steel and Related Alloys
- B09 Metal Powders and Metal Powder Products
- D20 Plastics
- D30 Composite Materials
Current AM Standards
This standards resource list will be updated regularly.
Combining 12,000+ standards with 1,500+ books and 47,000+ articles and papers, COMPASS provides one of the most comprehensive libraries of technical information available in the world. With tools to add notes, attachments, and even your own standards, you’ll be able to work smarter and faster.
- Subscribe to COMPASS
- Already subscribed? Log in to COMPASS
AM Industry Roadmaps
These roadmaps offer guidance from the top leaders in the AM ecosystem.
- America Makes and ANSI: Standardization Roadmap for Additive Manufacturing (Version 2.0)
- Consortium for AM Materials: Strategic Roadmap for the Next Generation of Additive Manufacturing
- NIST: Measurement Science Roadmap for Metal-Based Additive Manufacturing (2013)
- NIST: Measurement Science Roadmap for Polymer-Based Additive Manufacturing (2016)
Publishing with ASTM
Share your research or findings with the entire AM community through ASTM
- Submit a paper to ASTM’s Smart and Sustainable Manufacturing Systems journal
- Contribute to other ASTM manuals or papers