About the Webinar
Presented by ASTM International and EOS
Join Maryna Ienina of EOS and Paul Bates of ASTM International for this complimentary webinar!
– Get a deeper understanding about the ASTM operator certification program
– Getting involved with this certification program (understanding the process of getting certified, why, what, and how to get certified)
– Why its important to qualify operators
– What this certification means to a metal PBF-LB operator
– How the operator certification program can support your QMS system
What is the ASTM PBF-LB Machine Operator Certification?
With Additive Manufacturing (AM) scaling from prototyping to production of critical components, the need to verify the competency of machine operators is increasing. In response to the market demand for a standard approach to qualify operators, ASTM International has developed a certification program that applies to personnel operating metal laser powder bed machines.
The operator certification program applies to:
- Any contract that requires compliance to ISO/ASTM 52942 for qualified operators for the metal AM machines and associated equipment.
- Any application standards that calls out operator qualification (OQ) as a requirement.
- Demonstrate your organization’s commitment to quality by ensuring qualified metal AM operators.
Maryna is an AM Academy – Product and Partnership Manager. She joined EOS in summer 2016 as an Applications Engineer on a metal side, then transitioned to digitalization topics and currently supports development and delivery of training content. She believes that education plays a key role in implementing emerging technologies, including industrial 3D Printing, and successfully transforming organizations.
Maryna earned her Master’s degrees in mechanical engineering from Texas A&M University, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), and the National Technical University of Ukraine Polytechnic Institute.
Now together with EOS Additive Minds she shares her expertise to help in leveraging innovation with industrial 3D Printing.
Paul Bates is an Additive Manufacturing Lead Project Engineer for the ASTM International Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence. In his role, he brings his technical expertise to drive the projects in Additive Manufacturing training, safety, and certification. He is an industry-recognized AM veteran. Before joining ASTM, Bates was the Manager for Facility safety and Workforce Development in Additive Manufacturing at UL and served 20+ years at Reebok, where he guided the global athletic footwear leader’s Additive Manufacturing Lab and 3D CAD Team as the Director of Advanced Process Engineering. A 2012 recipient of the Additive Manufacturing User Group (AMUG) DINO Award, He is the Past President of the Additive Manufacturing Users Group (AMUG). He has a BS degree in Design Technology from Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green OH, and a Master’s Degree in Technology Management from the University of Phoenix.