The Additive Manufacturing Users Group Conference (AMUG 2021) was held in Orlando, Florida as the first in-person event post-pandemic for the additive manufacturing industry. The ASTM International additive manufacturing team joined other engineers, designers, managers, and educators from around the world to share expertise, best practices, challenges, and application developments in additive manufacturing.
The AM CoE highlights of AMUG 2021 include:
- Quality Assurance for AM Certificate Course
- Held May 1-2, this 2 day, role-based training course, instructed by Martin White and Shane Collins, covered key topics like Quality Manufacturing Systems – processes, materials, and how standards can help define a culture of quality at your organization to achieve qualification and certification.
- Gold Exhibit Sponsorship
- AMUG DINO Award recipient Shane Collins was recognized for his contributions to the AM industry and AMUG community by bringing years of experience, leadership and passion. His willingness to share and assist others is exemplary and unique. He has also contributed in the development of many standards over the years that supports implementation and industrialization of AM technologies.
- Panel Discussions
- Quality Assurance & Safety for Additive Manufacturing, moderated by Paul Bates and panelists Matt Donovan, Alex Bencomo, Ken Vessey, and Shane Collins
- Choosing to Print with Metal, moderated by Shannon vanDeren and panelists Paul Bates, Tim Warden, Ken Scott Volk, and Shane Collins
- Quality Management Workshop – How to Use the 8M’s Led by Ivan Madera, Kevin Ayers, Michael Pecota, Brent Wright, SJ Jones, and Shane Collins
- Additive Manufacturing Metals Safety – Let’s all go home in piece every night with Paul Bates